Wednesday, November 2, 2011

.Panko Schnitzel.

I made this the other night, not only because it's super tasty, but because I just love saying Schnitzel. It's just really a great name {seriously, try saying it out loud. It's fun}.
Also, the memories I have of my Grandpa Norm picking me up after school and driving downtown to hit up his favorite Schnitzel bistro for dinner, just the two of us, makes me always think fondly of Schnitzel. These are some of my most favorite memories of him, and I will always treasure them. And they include Schnitzel.
So go now, and make some new memories with this super easy and super tasty recipe.
and ps. I paired mine with a nice salad, mashed potatoes, and a hollandaise sauce. It was super tasty!!
via
Panko Schnitzel
Ingredients:
1 cup four
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups panko
8 thinly sliced pork loin cutlets
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Directions:
1) Place flour, eggs and panko in 3 separate dishes.
2) Place cutlets, one at a time, in flour and lightly dredge.
3) Dip cutlet in egg mixture, allow surplus to drip off.
4) Bread each cutlet in panko.
5) Repeat process for remaining cutlets.
6) In a non-stick saute pan, heat oil over medium to high heat.
7) Add pork cutlets and shallow fry one at a time.
8) Once one side has achieved a golden brown colour, turn schnitzel and fry on other side until cooked through, approx. 10 minutes.
9) Remove from heat and season with salt.

1 comment:

i think comments are pretty awesome!