Saturday, April 2, 2011

.Banana Bread.

I got extra 'Good Wife' points this morning.
I woke up nice and early (ok, the dog may have helped with that one) and baked some absolutely delicious Banana Bread Cupcakes and served them to the hubby. In Bed. Right out of the oven.
Yum.
I am going to brag here a bit and admit that I am a bit of a banana bread expert. Or at least I think I am, and the hubby happily munches away and encourages me because he knows that when I think I'm good at something, I'm likely to do it a lot more. And without complaint. Case-in-point: 9:00 pm on a Tuesday night he'll sweetly tell me that he's craving some BB, and you know what I do. March into the kitchen and bake some up. Seriously. I have no problem doing it because I know my fool-proof recipe (courtesy of my Auntie Eve) is sure to please. And I like to please.
See, the hubby is a pretty smart lad (or master manipulator) because boy-oh-boy does he love his banana bread. He LOVES it. So I'm happy, and he's happy. Win-Win.
So yes, I am good at baking a mean loaf of banana bread. But today, I switched things up (from an idea the hubby throw out the last time) and made BB CUPCAKES!
Ohh, what a GREAT Idea! They were scrumptious! Moist on the inside, but with more delicious crunch on the outside. Brilliant.
You will want to try these out.
And then Thank Me. And then Thank my Auntie Eve.
Banana Bread
Adapted from a recipe my Auntie Eve gave me.

3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar (I use a little less)
1/2 cup soft butter
1 cup mashed banana (best to use those really brown ones. So much flavor)
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
pinch of salt
**optional: chopped nuts, chocolate chips

1) Preheat over to 325F
2) In a bowl, mix EVERYTHING together (so simple right?)
3) Pour into a greased loaf pan, and bake for 1 hour (if you are baking a loaf, you will have to probably bake this a bit longer, but just test it with a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean, your ready!)
**If you are making the cupcakes, line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners and pour in your batter. Cook approx. 45 minutes and test with toothpick.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

i think comments are pretty awesome!