Sunday, February 6, 2011

.Coca Cola Cake.

I've decided that today is a day for indulging. Since I'm all hopped up on soda anyways, I figured that I'd share a little bit of Chocolate Heaven that I wouldn't normally make. 
If you know me at all, you know that our happy little home doesn't usually stock chips, chocolate, soda, or basically anything that would be deemed "unhealthy" (well, besides the few items I sneak past the guard, aka. the hubby), so today is a very special day. Plus the fact that the Super Bowl is on, which means I'll be eating 'junk' anyways I think we're all allowed to have a guilt free, sinfully sweet day every now and again. So please, make this delicious (and so not 'healthy') cake if you're having a day like today. Hope you Enjoy.

Coca Cola Cake
(adapted from Southern Living)

1  cup  Coca-Cola
1/2  cup  buttermilk
1  cup  butter or margarine, softened
1 3/4  cups  sugar
2  large eggs, lightly beaten
2  teaspoons  vanilla extract
2  cups  all-purpose flour
1/4  cup  cocoa
1  teaspoon  baking soda
1 1/2  cups  miniature marshmallows

1) Combine Coca-Cola and buttermilk; set aside.
2) Beat butter at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar; beat until blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat at low speed until blended.

3) Combine flour, cocoa, and soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with cola mixture; begin and end with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended.

4) Stir in marshmallows. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes.

5) Add your favorite frosting. And try not to eat the whole cake in one sitting.


I'm actually not sure if it's the slightly burnt marshmallows (umm, s'mores anyone?!?) or the magical brew of carbonated cola that's the secret to this tender and tasty texture. Ohh, and believe it or not, this isn't super sweet. Just plain delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i think comments are pretty awesome!